Ancestral Recall seeks to de-colonialize sound; to revise history by creating a sonic tapestry illuminating the harmony within rhythm and obliterating the previous context. Rather than bring rhythm into his sound, Adjuah begins with Rhythm, sampling West African, Indian, and other cultural rhythms and interweaving live drumming in the studio. In this way the full complexity and value of Rhythm is the foundation, and is presented in such a way that this generation can relate to.
The new album from Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah is a huge step forward as Christian continues his vision of stripping barriers between genres and people and building soundscapes that unite people. The album features Saul Williams, Elena Pinderhughes, Logan Richardson, Mike Larry Draw, and Chris Turner. His last album, The Emancipation procrastination, is currently nominated for a Grammy in the Best Instrumental Contemporary Album category.
1. Her Arrival
2. I Own The Night (Feat. Saul Williams)
3. The Shared Stories of Rivals [KEITA] (Feat. Saul Williams)
4. Forevergirl (Feat. Chris Turner & Mike Larry Draw)
7. Songs She Never Heard (Feat. Logan Richardson)
8. Ritual [Rise of Chief Adjuah] 9. Prophesy
10. Before (Feat. Elena Pinderhughes)
11. Double Consciousness
12. Ancestral Recall (Feat. Saul Williams)