· Diana Krall is first and always a jazz pianist. This time out she is most determinedly the bandleader. She has chosen the repertoire, conceived the ensemble arrangements and gathered three distinct bands for these sessions.
· “Turn Up The Quiet” is a co-production with Tommy LiPuma, producer of many of Krall’s most acclaimed albums, including, “All For You”, “The Look Of Love” and “Live In Paris”.
· Krall has always reached back into the riches of the past to animate and inhabit songs in the present moment but here on “Turn Up The Quiet”, she shakes any remaining dust from some of the finest leaves in that greatest of songbooks.
· Themes of love and hope are to be found in her choices but this is no mere escapism. Turn Up The Quiet is the work and play of a woman in the best days and nights of her life.
1. Like Someone In Love
2. Isn’t It Romantic
4. Night and Day
5. I’m Confessin’
7. Blue Skies
9. No Moon At All
11. I’ll See You In My Dreams