• Anyone who’s been living on the grapevine these past few years must have heard the rumours about the coming of the FELT reissues – well they’re here.
• During the ‘80s Felt made ten albums and ten singles for the Cherry Red and Creation labels. This beautifully produced series examines the work of one of the greatest underground groups of modern times.
• The first five albums will be released on 23rd February 2018. These vinyl records, unavailable for many years, have been remastered and revisited by Lawrence, and he has fashioned the ultimate definitive collections. They are available in a deluxe gatefold sleeve.
• Produced by Robin Guthrie of Cocteau Twins and featuring the skyscraping vocal of Elizabeth Fraser on the mighty Primitive Painters. Felt found themselves at the top of the independent charts. Unhappy with the overall sound though – it was as if some of Lawrence’s best songs were lost in an “ethereal swirl.” John A. Rivers has been given access to the original master tapes and six songs have been remixed. Also – side 2 has been focused, edited and “made symmetrical.” Finally these songs can be heard as intended by Felt. It has become at long last a cohesive whole.
FORMAT: DELUXE REMASTERED GATEFOLD SLEEVE VINYL EDITION
1. MY DARKEST LIGHT WILL SHINE
2. THE DAY THE RAIN CAME DOWN
3. SCARLET SERVANTS
4. I DON’T KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN
5. PRIMITIVE PAINTERS
6. TEXTILE RANCH
7. BLACK SHIP IN THE HARBOUR
8. ELEGANCE IN D
9. CASPIAN SEE
10. SOUTHERN STATE TAPESTRY
Cherry Red FLT183