• Anyone who’s been living on the grapevine these past few years must have heard the rumours about the coming of the FELT reissues – well they’re here.
• During the ‘80s Felt made ten albums and ten singles for the Cherry Red and Creation labels. This beautifully produced series examines the work of one of the greatest underground groups of modern times.
• The first five albums will be released on 23rd February 2018.These vinyl records, unavailable for many years, have been remastered and revisited by Lawrence, and he has fashioned the ultimate definitive collections. They are available in a deluxe gatefold sleeve.
• Lawrence escapes the contours of a bland city and retreats into his mind. Felt had risen from the underworld searching for a new horizon but only managed to slip into a desolate obscurity! Dark black slabs of creosote guitar – vast swathes of epic interplay – casting futuristic Shadows – an idiosyncratic and unobtrusively brilliant band, the music Felt made on this album is unlike anything attempted before. This really is a template for an age yet to come. And it pays to know that Maurice Deebank now resides in a monastery in Birmingham!
FORMAT: Initial pressing of 2000 come signed by Lawrence (sticker on the front).
1. RED INDIANS
2. THE WORLD IS AS SOFT AS LACE
3. THE OPTIMIST AND THE POET
4. MEXICAN BANDITS
5. THE STAGNANT POOL
6. A PREACHER IN NEW ENGLAND
1. TRAILS OF COLOUR DISSOLVE
2. MY FACE IS ON FIRE
Cherry Red FLX181