• The pianist’s acclaimed, ambitious Blue Note debut.
• Recorded at Brooklyn’s Systems Two studios during May 2005.
• Featuring Vicente Archer (bass) and Damon Reid (drums), plus special guest appearances from Mark Turner (tenor sax) on two tracks and Bilal (vocals) on ‘Chant’.
• Features nine original Glasper compositions plus a famous cover version of Herbie Hancock’s ‘Riot’ (which originally appeared on Miles Davis’s Nefertitialbum).
• Rooted in acoustic jazz but with fascinating glimpses of Glasper’s Blue Note future with its jittery, hip-hop-influenced grooves and rolling chord sequences
Blue Note 7743600