A previously unreleased, precious lost treasure from one of Monk’s most critically acclaimed line-ups; Charlie Rouse on saxophone, John Ore on double bass, and Frankie Dunlop on drums.
– Part of the ‘Holy Trinity’ of legendary jazz musicians, made up of John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Thelonious Monk.
– Known as the “High Priest of Bebop.”
– Tracks include renditions of the famous “Nutty” and “Bye-Ya.” Monk composed over sixty-odd pieces which are still circulating in the jazz repertoire, more than any other jazz composer.
– Monk material has amassed 100 million + streams on Spotify alone, with “‘Round Midnight” garnering 11.6 million.
– The vinyl format is a genuine AAA release (analogue recording, analogue mix, analogue master) using the original source tapes, making it a true all analogue, audiophile primed release.
– Cut in-house with Gearbox’s 1967 Haeco Scully lathe, the exact same lathe as Blue Note used back in the day.
A1 Bye-Ya (9 min 41sec)
A2 Nutty (9min 29 sec)
B1 I’m Getting Sentimental Over You (8 min 44sec)
B2 Body and Soul (5min 43sec)
B3 Monk’s Dream (8min 7sec)
Gearbox CD: GB1541CD