Presenting the Blue Note originals famous for being sampled and remixed by Kanye West, Eminem, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Pete Rock, Gang Starr, The Jungle Brothers, Ice-T, The Chemical Brothers, Wu-Tang Clan, Tricky, Bloodhound Gang, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, Dream Warriors, Madlib and Guru. Digitally re-mastered, with improved artwork feat. extended liner notes and illustrations, including new contributions from original compiler Dean Rudland (Acid Jazz Records).
For the first time as deluxe red, blue and yellow vinyl double LPs in gatefold sleeves. When first released in the 1990s, Blue Note Records’ blue break beats series was a huge commercial success and helped to kick off the worldwide “Dancefloor Jazz” phenomenon. The compilations’ popularity also spawned several sub-series such as blue bossa and blue brazil, also to great commercial and critical acclaim. These EMI-originated releases have been missing from the market for years. Now they are coming back with a bang: blue break beats vol. 1 – 3 are being reissued as deluxe LPs, for the first time in gatefold sleeves and on red, blue and yellow vinyl.
Limited double album on yellow vinyl in a gatefold sleeve.
01. Cannonball Adderley – Walk Tall
02. Lou Rawls – You’ve Made Me So Very Happy
03. Lou Donaldson – Ode To Billie Joe
04. Reuben Wilson – Sho-Nuff Mellow
05. Jeremy Steig – Howlin’ For Judy
06. Nancy Wilson – Son Of A Preacher Man
07. Lou Donaldson – It’s Your Thing
08. Gene Harris & The Three Sounds – Put On Train
09. Gene Harris – Don’t Call Me Nigger, Whitey
10. Donald Byrd – (Fallin’ Like) Dominoes
11. Ronnie Foster – Mystic Brew
12. Joe Williams With The Thad Jones & Mel Lewis Orchestra – Get Out Of My Life Woman
13. Duke Pearson – Ground Hog
14. Jackie McLean – Soul
Blue Note 5370940